February 13, 1014 – IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions serves two of the top five and seven of the top 30 NCAA D1 FBS schools that posted the largest average football attendance increases in 2013, according to the NCAA’s new attendance report.
The University of Akron (4th on the list) increased its average home attendance 8,575 fans per game while University of Pittsburgh (No. 5) added an average 8,247 fans. Also benefitting from IMG Learfield’s privatized approach in 2013 were University of Tennessee (No. 11/+5,619 fans), Utah State University (21/+3,209), Auburn University (23/+3,011), and University of South Carolina (29/+2,400).
“Our partnership and integration with IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions has enabled us to increase our outreach and expand our sales initiatives, while also focusing on providing all Pitt supporters with the best possible service,” said Chris Ferris, Associate Athletic Director, External Relations, University of Pittsburgh. “These collaborative efforts have been extremely successful. While we are so appreciative of how responsive Pitt fans have been and the great sales momentum that we have all worked to establish, we are even more excited about the aggressive sales goals we have for this year and beyond.”
“Williams-Brice Stadium was sold out for all seven home games for the first time in its current capacity and a lot of credit goes to the efforts by IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions,” said Eric Nichols, Associate AD/Chief Marketing Officer, University of South Carolina.
Additional football season highlights from IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions:
- South Carolina: Sold out every home football game for first time since Williams-Brice Stadium expanded to 80,000+ seats.
- Pitt: More than 8,000 new season tickets sold for the season.
- NC State: Sold out season ticket inventory for the first time since 2008.
- Florida: 4,000 football group tickets sold after beginning to serve UF two weeks before the home opener.
- Tulsa: Increased football group sales for the season by 50%.
- UNLV: Grew 2013 football group tickets 28%.
- Utah State: Set an all-time attendance record for football. Sold out first three home games for the first time in school history. Nearly doubled the football season ticket holder base.
Overall, college football attendance topped 50 million for the first time in 2013. Compared to professional sports, college football draws the most fans outside of Major League Baseball.